The Ethel Gordon Fenwick Commemorative Partnership is run by a group of enthusiastic volunteers. We link with a variety of organisations to educate, celebrate and commemorate Ethel’s life, work and achievements.
Chair – Professor Christine Hallett, Professor of Nursing History at University of Huddersfield.
Secretary – Liz Howard-Thornton, Clinical Specialist Team Leader – specialist bladder and bowel team, North Lancashire (NHS).
Media relations – Eileen Shepherd, Clinical Editor, Nursing Times.
Website administrator – James Shepherd, Masters student at the University of Manchester.
The following organisations offer us invaluable advice and support.
- Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham. southwell.anglican.org/
- Executive Committee of the League of Nurses, St Bartholomew’s Hospital. bartsleagueofnurses.org/
- International Council of Nurses. www.icn.ch/
- Manchester Royal Infirmary Nurses’ Fellowship. mft.nhs.uk/manchester-royal-infirmary-nurses-fellowship/
- Nightingale Comes Home Project (University of Nottingham). http://www.florencenightingale.org/
- Nottingham Women’s History Group. nottinghamwomenshistory.org.uk/
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC). nmc.org.uk/always-caring-always-nursing/
- Royal British Nurses Association. www.rbna.org.uk/
- Thoroton Church Heritage Committee. thorotonchurch.co.uk/
- UK Association for the History of Nursing (UKAHN). ukahn.org/wp/
- University of Huddersfield. www.hud.ac.uk
- Nursing Times. www.nursingtimes.net
Our partnership does not receive financial support from any of the organisations listed above.